The SMH Fund

Lower School Students - The SMH Fund

The SMH Fund provides the support necessary for almost every activity at Saint Mary’s Hall — in the classrooms, athletics, fine arts, or extracurricular activities.

Gifts to The SMH Fund limit our reliance on tuition and help us sustain the unique approach to education that can only be found at Saint Mary's Hall.

The SMH Fund Facts

Lower School StudentsStudent tuition typically funds only 86% of our school's operating budget. The remaining 14% is paid for by The SMH Fund and endowment earnings.

It takes the financial support of every family to help bridge the gap between tuition and the actual cost of educating each student.

The Importance of The SMH Fund

Senior Boys with TeachersYour gift to The SMH Fund helps pay for the people and programs that make Saint Mary’s Hall so special.

What differentiates SMH from other schools are our talented teachers, small classes, exceptional fine arts and athletic programs, up-to-date technology and science equipment, and safe campus.

The SMH Fund Bridges The Gap

Every Saint Mary's Hall family pays less than the actual cost of educating their child. That gap between what a family pays in tuition and the actual cost of educating their child is bridged by endowment earnings and The SMH Fund. Therefore, every family is asked to make a gift to The SMH Fund. Your charitable contribution is tax deductible in accordance with applicable law.

Every Gift Makes the Difference

Middle School Girls on the First Day of SchoolEvery family's gift is welcome, appreciated, and crucial to the success of Saint Mary's Hall. Your participation in The SMH Fund reflects a vote of confidence in Saint Mary's Hall and signifies your belief in the school's mission.

Donating to The SMH Fund is the best and most direct way to support Saint Mary's Hall. Please join us in helping provide our students with life-changing experiences.

Alumni Gifts to The SMH Fund Make the Difference

Your time as a Saint Mary’s Hall student helped shape you into the person you are today. When you were a Saint Mary's Hall student, alumni were making gifts to help pay for your education. By making a gift to The SMH Fund, you are carrying on the tradition of helping shape students’ lives.

The SMH Fund Welcomes Matching Gifts

Montessori Students with MonkeysMany employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match their employees' charitable contributions. Matching gifts allow you to make an even larger impact when giving to Saint Mary's Hall - your gift could double or event triple the amount!

To find out if your company has a matching gift program, enter your employer's name at the SMH matching gifts page and download the forms. If you can't access your company's form directly through the search box, contact your benefits office. Send your gift to Saint Mary's Hall with the completed and signed forms and we will be happy to do the rest. You may send the matching gift form at any time throughout the year.

The SMH Fund Volunteers

We rely on volunteers to help us raise awareness of The SMH Fund. Volunteers are integral to our success and we are thankful for their hard work and dedication. More than 250 volunteers have helped us over the years. Every year, we seek new volunteers for The SMH Fund. Contact Director of Philanthropic Engagement Rhonda Vasbinder at or (210) 483-9243 for more information.

The SMH Fund Logo


Rhonda Vassbinder

Rhonda Vasbinder
Director of Philanthropic Engagement