Dates & Details
Enrollment Opens: March 1, 2022
Camps Begin: May 31, 2022
Camps End: July 29, 2022
View the print catalog by clicking HERE.
- Enrollment and Registration
- Late Registration, Cancellation, and Proration
- Waiting Lists and Absences
- Check-In/Drop-Off and Pick-Up
- Extended Care
- Snacks and Lunches
- Camp Store
- Field Trips
- Health and Safety
- Camper Information
- Cellular & Electronic Devices Policy
- Inclement Weather
For fast, safe, and easy enrollment, you can register online. Our online registration provides a system for families to manage students' enrollment from any device at any time. Summer registration opens on Tuesday, March 1 at 8am and will remain open through the summer for classes that have availability.
- Click on this “register” link. (Previously enrolled families should use their existing login and password.)
- First time families will click “new user” to set-up a username and password.
- Be sure to add each student before registering for camps/courses.
- Choose classes and make your payment.
- An email confirmation will be sent after registration is complete.
- If you are experiencing trouble registering, call the Office of Enrichment at (210) 483-9124 for help.
- Registration Fee - $25 per student/per summer
- Late Registration Fee - $25 per student/per camp
- Cancellation Fee - $50 per student/per week
- Returned Check - $30 fee
- Sack Lunch Supervision - $20 per week
- Meal Plan - $45 per week
- Costs of individual camps vary
Late registration often requires instructors and staff to readjust at the last minute. If enrollment occurs after Thursday at noon, the week before the next camp session, an additional late fee of $25 will be added to each session’s registration fee.
Cancellation By Summer at Saint Mary's Hall
Camps and classes are limited in size and are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Summer at Saint Mary’s Hall reserves the right to cancel any course, camp, or program due to insufficient enrollment or other COVID-19-related concerns. If this occurs, staff will work with families to transfer to another available camp or refund tuition.
Proration is no longer available as instructors and staff plan a full week of camp, including supply costs, for each student registered by Thursday at noon, the week prior. We are unable to prorate for camper absences including vacation schedules, conflicting activities, or a change in plans.
All camps have enrollment limits which assure campers a safe and fun learning experience. Our online registration system automatically develops a waiting list for all camps. If space opens up in a camp, parents will be notified via email to login to their account and register for the camp.
To ensure the daily safety of each camper, we ask that you report any absence or plans to drop-off or pick-up early. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Office of Enrichment at (210) 483-9124.
Instructions for check-in, drop-off, and pick-up may be affected by the current COVID-19 conditions, so please refer to the communication sent the week prior to your camper’s arrival, or visit smhall.org/summer for the latest information.
The Extended Care Program provides care for campers enrolled in Summer at Saint Mary’s Hall before and after camp: 7–9am and 4–6pm. The program includes relaxed recreational activities including games and outdoor play. We encourage parents to sign up in advance for our Extended Care Program to help our administration better plan for staffing needs. We understand that circumstances do not always permit early or planned enrollment and is open on a drop-in basis for parents with unforeseen scheduling difficulties. Campers who are dropped off before 8:45am or not picked up by 4:15pm will automatically be enrolled into the Extended Care Program. For this supervised time, parents will be charged at the rate listed below. Late fees will be charged after 6pm. For questions, contact Extended Care Staff at (210) 669-7941.
Hours Dates Fee Drop-in
7am – 9am May 31-July 29 $50 per week $8 per hour
4pm – 6 pm May 31-July 29 $50 per week $8 per hour
After 6pm May 31-July 29 $1.00 per minute n/a
Snacks are provided daily for all campers at 10am and 2pm. Students with special dietary needs should bring snacks from home.
Lunch takes place every day at noon and is fully supervised by staff and counselors. We offer a weekly meal plan, with a balanced meal provided by SAGE Dining Services® that can be purchased through your camp account. Campers also have the option to bring a sack lunch.
Lunch costs are:
- Weekly hot meal plan is available for students ages 6+ at $45/week.
- Sack-lunch supervision for 6+ year old campers who bring a sack lunch is $20/week.
- 3-5 year old campers must bring a sack lunch and will be charged a supervision fee of $20/week.
Due to COVID-19, the Camp Store will be unavailable during 2022 Summer at Saint Mary's Hall.
Visiting the snack bar at the end of the camp day has become a delightful and refreshing tradition for our campers. We will be constantly consulting with local and state health officials and will open the snack bar as possible and with the safest health protocols.
Each day, a certified medical professional will be on-site, and ready to serve our campers for any medical need that arises. Each family will fill out a medical questionnaire upon registration. If your child has specific health concerns, please contact the Summer at Saint Mary’s Hall team at (210) 483-9124 for further direction.
Our beautiful 60-acre, oak-studded campus is surrounded by secure fencing and monitored by SMH personnel, making it a safe and serene inviting place to spend a week. We also have a uniformed, off-duty SAPD officer on duty each day, to protect our campus and help facilitate a safe carpool process.
Campers ages 3-4 must be toilet trained. Pullups® are not permitted. Please send an extra set of clothing in a labeled bag.
Campers should wear closed-toe shoes and dress in cool, comfortable summer attire. Should your camper be required to wear something different or bring specific items, you will be notified via email.
Please apply sunscreen and insect repellent to your camper every day as even campers in indoor sessions will spend some time outdoors.
Send a water bottle with your camper – there will be multiple opportunities for your camper to refill his/ her water bottle throughout the day.
We recommend that other personal belongings stay at home as we are not responsible for lost or broken items. We also recommend that mobile devices remain at home. Should your camper need to bring a mobile device, staff, instructors, and counselors reserve the right to limit usage during camp time. Please don’t forget to label all personal items.
While electronic devices may enhance communication between students, their families, and friends, students who make irresponsible use of them during camp often lose valuable time that should be used for play, learning, and time with faculty and peers, all of which are hallmarks of our camp. In order to facilitate the healthiest learning environment for each camper, we ask that you comply with the following guidelines regarding cellular and electronic devices:
- Campers entering Pre-K through 2nd grade will not be allowed to bring any electronic devices including cell phones, iPads, gaming devices, and smart watches.
- Campers entering 3rd – 5th grade are allowed to bring cell phones to school, but they must remain off and stowed away all day. If a camper is unable to comply, these items may be removed and kept in the summer office until the camper leaves for the day. No smart watches or other devices will be allowed.
- Campers entering 6th – 8th grade may bring a cell phone but it must be turned off during camp hours (9am-12:30pm and 12:30pm-3:30pm). They may not be turned on and used during instruction, snack, or carpool time.
- Campers entering 9th – 12th grade may bring a cell phone or other electronic device, but are only allowed to use them in class according to instructor guidelines. When not in class, campers are allowed to use their devices in an appropriate manner according to the Responsible Use Policy (RUP).