Theater, Speech, and Debate
The ability to connect with others through the spoken word, facial expressions, and body language is developed in drama, speech, and debate.
The end-goal is to gain poise and confidence by participating in top-notch stage productions, speaking opportunities and competitions, and a multitude of performance opportunities at every Form level.
Our faculty is able to lead students on an artistic journey because they are artists and professionals themselves, having worked as:
- Experienced Speech Competitors and Winners
- Professional Set and Lighting Designers
- Technical Directors
- 2016 Speech School of Excellence (NSDA) (Top 20)
- 2016 Act III Finalist (NIETOC) (Top 4)
- 2016 Perfect Performance Award (NIETOC)
- 2016 2nd Place Sweepstakes (ETOC)
- 2016 Student of the Year (NSDA)
- 1 National Runner Up - Domestic Extemporaneous Speaking (NSDA)
- 10 National Tournament Qualifiers
- 11 National Individual Events Tournament of Champions Qualifiers
- 5 Extemporaneous Speaking Tournament of Champions Qualifiers
- 22 Texas Forensic Association State Tournament Qualifiers
- Top 3 at the Texas Forensic Association State Tournament for the past 3 years.
- National Speech & Debate Association (NSDA) National and District Tournaments
- National Individual Events Tournament of Champions (NIETOC)
- Texas Forensic Association (TFA) State Tournament
- Tournament of Champions University of Kentucky
- The University of Texas Longhorn Classic Tournament