Saint Mary's Hall is proud to be the first Independent Schools Association of the Southwest (ISAS) school and one of only three organizations in Texas to offer this prestigious international development opportunity for our students, aged 14-19. We have chosen to offer this award because of its close alignment to our core values and mission. As the world's leading achievement program for young people, The Duke Edinburgh’s International Award prepares students for success in college and fulfillment in life. The award allows each student to create a personalized development plan. There are three levels of achievement: Bronze, Silver, and Gold. Each level involves four sections: Service, Physical Recreation, Skills, and an Adventurous Journey. The Gold level includes a Residential Project.
The immediate value of participation for the individual includes development in:
- Building resilience and determination
- Building relationships and leadership skills
- Building confidence
- Developing communication skills
- Enhanced civic competence
- Enhanced intercultural competence
- Improved personal and social well-being
- Learning creativity and adaptability
- Managing feelings
- Planning and problem solving
- If you are a current Saint Mary's Hall student, further information and an application package can be found on the SMH Community Portal under Links & Downloads in the Upper School section.
You may also contact our SMH Lead Award Coordinator for assistance: Enrichment Program Coordinator and Tennis Coach Lisa Westergard at firstname.lastname@example.org.