Dates & Details
Enrollment Opens: March 2, 2020 at 8am
Camps Begin: May 26, 2020
Camps End: July 31, 2020
- Enrollment and Registration
- Late Registration, Cancellation, and Proration
- Waiting Lists and Absences
- Check-In/Drop-Off and Pick-Up
- Extended Care
- Snacks and Lunches
- Camp Store and Snack Bar
- Field Trips
- Health and Safety
- Camper Information
- Cellular & Electronic Devices Policy
- Inclement Weather
For fast, safe, and easy online enrollment, you can register online. Our online registration platform provides a system for families to manage student's enrollment from any device at any time. Summer registration opens on March 2 at 8am and will remain open through the summer for classes that have availability.
- Click on this “register” link. (Previously enrolled families should use their existing login and password.)
- First time families will click “create an account” to set-up a username and password.
- Be sure to add each student before registering for camps/courses.
- Choose classes and make your payment.
- An email confirmation will be sent after registration is complete.
- If you are experiencing trouble registering, call the Office of Enrichment at (210) 483-9124 for help.
- Registration - $15 per student/per summer
- Late Registration - $25 per student/per camp
- Cancellation - $50 per student/per week
- Returned Check - $30 fee
- Sack Lunch Supervision - $20 per week
- Meal Plan - $40 per week
Late registration often requires instructors and staff to readjust at the last minute. If enrollment occurs after Thursday at noon, the week before the next camp session, an additional late fee of $25 will be added to each session’s registration fee.
By Summer at Saint Mary's Hall
Camps and classes are limited in size and are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Summer at Saint Mary’s Hall reserves the right to cancel any course, camp, or program due to insufficient enrollment. If this occurs, staff will work with families to transfer to another available camp or refund tuition.
By the student
A full refund will be given for cancellations made before May 18, 2020. After that date, your money will be refunded only if the class is canceled or a student is medically precluded from participating. A letter from a licensed physician is required. Cancellations made after May 18, 2020, will be charged a $50 cancellation fee for each week, for each student, that classes are canceled.
Proration is no longer available as instructors and staff plan a full week of camp, including supply costs, for each student registered by Thursday at noon, the week prior. We are unable to prorate for camper absences including vacation schedules, conflicting activities, or a change in plans.
All camps have enrollment limits which assure campers a safe and fun learning experience. Our online registration system automatically develops a waiting list for all camps. If space opens up in a camp, parents will be notified via email to login to their account and register for the camp.
To ensure the daily safety of each camper, we ask that you report any absence or plans to drop-off or pick-up early. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Office of Enrichment at (210) 483-9124.
Monday (or Day 1)
- Parents may park and walk children up to check-in.
- Check-in at the Russell Field House begins at 8:30am for the morning camps and 12:50pm for the afternoon camps.
- Visit the camps store to pick your free summer T-shirt (one per summer), online orders, and to purchase snack bar cards.
- Visit the photography tent to have your child’s picture taken for our internal administrative use and safety (one per summer).
- Line up at designated camp sign and meet instructor.
- Drive up to the Russell Field House and staff will help unload your camper(s). Parents with younger children are welcome to park and walk students to their camp sign.
- Students may be dropped off for camp beginning at 8:45am.
- Students dropped off prior to 8:45am will be sent to Extended Care (see Extended Care section for fee information).
- Campers may not wait in the field house area prior to 8:45am without parental supervision.
Your cooperation with following these instructions directly effects our ability to run a safe and efficient pick-up process. All families will be provided a carpool tag displaying your camper’s name. PLEASE have this hanging on your rear view mirror so that camp staff can find your camper(s) and have them ready to get in the car efficiently.
- Cars may queue in the three lanes leading to the Lower School Circle.
- When carpool begins, you will be directed toward the Russell Field House where counselors and staff will load campers into your car.
- Please DO NOT exit your vehicle. Counselors and staff will assist campers with car seats and loading any other personal belongings.
- Parents are welcome to park and retrieve their students from the walk-up station which will be marked in the field house.
- Campers not picked up by 3:45pm will be enrolled in Extended Care (see Extended Care section for more information)
- Out of respect to those who follow the carpool, cars not following these drive up instructions will be sent around campus to start the process properly.
The Extended Care Program provides care for campers enrolled in Summer at Saint Mary’s Hall before and after camp: 7am–9am and 3:45pm–6pm. The program includes relaxed recreational activities including games and outdoor play. We encourage parents to sign up in advance for our Extended Care Program to help our administration better plan for staffing needs. We understand that circumstances do not always permit early or planned enrollment so Extended Care is open on a drop-in basis for parents with unforeseen scheduling difficulties. Campers who are dropped off before 8:45am or not picked up by 3:45pm will automatically be enrolled into the Extended Care Program. For this supervised time, parents will be charged at the rate listed below. Late fees will be charged after 6pm. For questions, contact Jeanette Moreno at (210) 669-7941.
|7am - 9am||June 1 -
|$50 per week||$8 per hour|
|3:45pm - 6pm||June 1 -
|$55 per week||$8 per hour|
|After 6pm||June 1 -
|$1 per minute||---|
Snacks are provided daily for all campers at 10am and 2pm. Students with special dietary needs should bring snacks from home.
Lunch is taken every day at noon and is fully supervised by staff and counselors. We offer a weekly meal plan, with a balance meal provided by Sage Dining Services® that can be purchased through your camp account. Campers also have the option to bring a sack lunch.
Lunch costs are:
- Weekly hot meal plan is available for students ages 6= at $40/week.
- Sack lunch supervision for 6+ year old campers who bring a sack lunch is $20/week.
- 3-5 year old campers must bring a sack lunch and will be charged a supervision fee of $20/week.
Summer at Saint Mary’s Hall logo gear is available for purchase each day at the camp store.
The snack bar is open daily at the end of each camp session, offering snow-cones, chips, candy, Gatorade, bottled water, and more. Only campers leaving after the morning session will be able to visit the snack bar at noon. Snack bar cards are available for purchase online and at the camp store. The snack bar also accepts cash.
Campers ages 3-4 must be potty trained. Pullups are not permitted. Please send an extra set of clothing in a labeled bag.
Campers should wear closed-toe shoes and dress in cool, comfortable summer attire. Should your camper be required to wear something different or bring specific items, you will be notified via email.
Please apply sunscreen and insect repellent to your camper every day as even campers in indoor sessions will spend some time outdoors. WATER - Send a water bottle with your camper – there will be multiple opportunities for your camper to refill his/ her water bottle throughout the day.
We recommend that other personal belongings stay at home as we are not responsible for lost or broken personal items. We also recommend that mobile devices remain at home. Should your camper need to bring a mobile device, staff, instructors and counselors reserve the right to limit usage during camp time. Please don’t forget to label all personal items.
While electronic devices may enhance communication between students, their families , and friends, students who make irresponsible use of them during camp often lose valuable time that should be used for play, learning & time with faculty, and peers, all of which are hallmarks of our camp. In order to facilitate the healthiest learning environment for each camper, we ask that you comply with the following guidelines regarding cellular and electronic devices:
- Campers entering Pre-K through 2nd grade will not be allowed to bring any electronic devices including cell phones, iPads, gaming devices, and smart watches.
- Campers entering 3rd – 5th grade are allowed to bring cell phones to school, but they must remain off and away all day. If a camper is unable to comply, their may be confiscated and kept in the summer office until the camper leaves for the day. No smart watches or other devices will be allowed.
- Campers entering 6th – 8th grade may bring a cell phone but it must be turned off during cam-p hours (9am-12:30pm and 12:30pm-3;30pm). They may not be turned on and used during instruction, snack or carpool time.
- Campers entering 9th – 12th grade may bring a cell phone or other electronic device, but are only allowed to use them in class according to instructor guidelines. When not in class campers are allowed to use their devices in an appropriate manner according to the Responsible Use Policy (RUP).