Eleanor Duncan Sarratt Memorial Library
The Eleanor Duncan Sarratt Memorial Library was developed with our youngest students in mind. While technological advances dictate an educational emphasis on learning and sharing information using technology, we understand that Lower School students must be introduced to these practices differently than their older counterparts. Students are introduced to different technologies beginning in Montessori through Form 5.
The Eleanor Duncan Sarratt Memorial Library is the hub of the Lower School, offering students, teachers, and parents a variety of specialized resources. The Collaboratory (our S.T.E.A.M.-based lab) offers daily hands-on activities that develop problem-solving skills and higher-level thinking skills.
This iLearning Commons/Digital Resources page is specific to Saint Mary’s Hall. On this page, students, parents, and faculty can:
- Access the online catalog to find thousands of print books, audio/visual resources, e-books, and other digital resources for every subject matter
- Access the online catalog for award-winning books; both fiction and non-fiction
- Access excellent, award-winning databases divided by subject area
- Access coding and S.T.E.A.M.-related activities
- Access Flipster magazines to read online
The Collaboratory is a S.T.E.A.M.-based learning lab located in the Lower School Library. Students use the Collaboratory not only during their library time, but also during scheduled classroom times. Activities include robotics, movie-making, architectural and engineering activities designed to solve real-world problems, Lego and other S.T.E.A.M.-based activities. All activities are designed to support the classroom curriculum.