The 2020-2021 School Year
Being a Saint Mary’s Hall student is more than just going to school. SMH is an experience built around small, tight-knit classes, as well as academics, fine arts, athletics, traditions, and a community of students, faculty, parents, and alumni. A Saint Mary's Hall student’s life is forever impacted by the moments shared in and out of the classroom.
ONE|SMH: The 2020-2021 School Year is a new way of experiencing school, and is a plan that addresses all that defines the Saint Mary’s Hall experience. We remain committed to our programmatic goals, the return to campus, and the safety of our SMH and San Antonio communities.
Through ONE|SMH, we have defined a three-phased approach to the school year and a staggered return to campus. To appropriately address the recent spread of COVID-19 and provide a safe learning environment for students and faculty, we plan to begin virtual classes on Monday, August 17 and then aim to welcome students back to campus the week of Tuesday, September 8 (after Labor Day). As you will read on this ONE|SMH resource page, our Campus Reopening Task Force consultation with local and state health officials is extensive. Together, as a School, we have made the appropriate decision to open with care and begin our school year in the ONE|SMH Virtual (Red) phase. The school will continue to assess current pandemic conditions and respond by shifting appropriately into one of our three models:
ONE|SMH Learning Phases
ONE|SMH acknowledges the important nature of the student experience, with an academic schedule and programming that offers in-person, hybrid, and online-only instruction, and various phases to respond to the ever changing nature of the pandemic.
To give our School the maximum amount of flexibility, in each learning phase we have outlined schedules, policies, guidelines, and procedures that will allow for us to move between phases to adjust to the current pandemic conditions. We pledge to you and to our students to be ready for any change that comes. As we map out the beginning of the school year, we are ready to bring students to campus or successfully educate them virtually.
To learn more about the ONE|SMH Learning Phases, click the icons below.
- Who is guiding the campus reopening planning process?
- Who serves on the Campus Reopening Task Force?
- When will on-campus learning resume?
- Where can I find the most updated information about SMH’s plans to return to on-campus learning?
- Does SMH have a plan for reopening?
- How will SMH determine which phase it will be in this fall?
- What will community events look like this fall?
- How will we learn more details, ask questions, and help strengthen ONE|SMH?
- If I do not have the needed technology at home for my student, how do I get what I need to successfully participate in virtual learning?
- Do students have the option to continue with distance learning if he we shift to the Hybrid phase?
- Will field trips be held in the fall?
- Will After-School Enrichment classes be held in the fall?
Last Updated: August 5, 2020
If you missed the Community Town Hall or one of the Divisional Town Halls, you can watch them by clicking the links below.
- One|SMH Virtual (Red): August 17 – September 7
- One|SMH Hybrid (Yellow): TBD
- One|SMH On Campus (Green): TBD