Position Title: Maintenance Electrician
Date Modified: November 08, 2022
Start Date: Immediate
Reports To: Director of Facilities
Under general supervision, maintain, repair, and install electrical systems, services, and equipment for the school campus. Maintain and provide for the safe condition and operation of all electrical fixtures and systems within the campus facilities.
Valid Texas Journeyman Electricians License (preferred)
Valid Texas driver’s license
High School Diploma or G.E.D.
Five years’ experience in electrical field
- Install and repair wiring, electrical fixtures, power equipment, and components of machinery and equipment following electrical code, manuals, specifications, schematics, and blueprints
- Install and repair control and distribution apparatus, including motors, relays, switches, thermostats, circuit-breaker panels, etc.
- Install and connect power supply wiring, cables, conduit, and electrical apparatus for machines and equipment in new and existing facilities following diagrams, schematics, or blueprints
- Diagnose and resolve problems in electrical circuits, systems, and equipment using testing instruments and equipment
- Test continuity of circuits to ensure compatibility and safety of components using testing instruments.
- Measure, cut, bend, thread, assemble, and install electrical conduit using rulers, measuring devices, hand tools, pipe threader, and conduit bender.
- Repair or recommend replacement of electrical appliances, including commercial ovens, ranges, steam tables, washers, dryers, etc.
- Receive and complete work orders
- Select material and hardware and make time and materials estimates
- Maintain accurate records on material and labor used
- Maintain inventory of school-owned tools, equipment, and materials
- Inspect jobs upon completion and ensure areas are clean
- Work with building principals and supervisors to complete projects
- Detect needed repairs on buildings, grounds, and equipment following established inspection procedures
- Respond to emergency calls as needed
- Perform preventive maintenance on tools and equipment
- Operate tools and equipment according to established safety procedures
- Ensure that equipment is in safe operating condition
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including lifting, climbing, etc.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately.
- Knowledge of electrical circuits and wiring and operating principles of motors
- Knowledge of local electrical codes
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, and written reference material
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations
- Ability to use hand and power tools
- Ability to operate Multimeter, ohmmeter, oscilloscope, and testing equipment; soldering iron; wire puller; pipe bender and threader; hand and power tools (saw, drill, etc.); trencher; jackhammer; concrete saw; ladder. Light truck or van.
Exposure to variable Texas weather conditions and/or physical hazards common to a physical plant and construction environment such as elevated and confined spaces. Works in attics, trenches, machine rooms and other occupational areas. In addition, exposed to mechanical electrical, plumbing and other hazards including biological and chemical hazards. Must respond to after-hours emergency calls as needed. Must wear and properly maintain uniforms.
Special Working Conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk, use hands to feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk to hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift with or without accommodations. Special vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth, perception and the ability to adjust focus. May be required to wear personal protective equipment to include: steel toe or on-slippery shoe, eye protection, hardhat, back belt, body harness, biological protective gear, and arch flash protection. May be required to work overtime.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Interested candidates are invited to submit electronically a cover letter along with a current résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of Facilities
Saint Mary’s Hall
9401 Starcrest Drive
San Antonio, Texas 78217