Reports To: Appropriate Division Head
Summary: The Substitute Teacher is responsible for operating a class in the absence of the regular teacher.
- Maintains a discipline and classroom control that fosters a safe and positive environment for all students and staff in accordance with school policies
- Implements lesson plans, while ensuring the integrity of academic time and in a manner which motivates students to learn and participate
- Organizes students for effective instruction
- Completes a Substitute Teacher Report Form for the regular classroom teacher
- Collects and places students' papers in regular teacher's desk
- Complies with and supports school regulations and policies
- Performs other related duties as assigned by division head
- Associates Degree required, Bachelor's degree preferred
- A minimum of one year teaching and administration experience in a school environment
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated leadership and facilitative skills
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Works in a demanding environment dealing with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines and a varied and diverse array of contacts
- May work at a desk and computer for extended periods of time
- Be able to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
- Work primarily in a traditional climate controlled office environment
- Work intermittently in outside weather conditions, including extreme heat and cold
Interested candidates should submit the SMH application, a cover letter, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.