Tobin Fine Arts School
Art can be found all around us, and we live it every day. You don’t have to be a professional singing in the shower, doodling on a notepad, or writing in a journal to tap into your inner artist.
That’s why there is power in the arts. Saint Mary’s Hall is committed to developing, enhancing, and improving students’ creativity to channel this power in exciting ways.
The Tobin Fine Arts School at Saint Mary’s Hall offers by far, the most extensive fine arts curriculum in the region, with nearly 50 different courses in our Dance, Drama/Speech & Debate, Media Arts, Music, and Visual Arts Programs. The fine arts department is led by an impressive faculty of 34 visionaries in their respective fields.
The Importance of the Arts
Saint Mary’s Hall believes in providing a diverse and varied foundation for students, which includes instilling a love for the arts. Through the arts, students are able to develop, enhance, and improve their abilities and unique characteristics. In addition to learning the technical skills needed to create art, students …
- learn the value of teamwork by being a part of a play, tech crew, music recital, dance production, or competing in speech and debate tournaments.
- gain knowledge about diversity through the study of art, music, and dance in other cultures.
- discover creative outlets to help deal with stress such as “pounding” clay and playing music.
- gain self-confidence through performances and art critiques.
- become creative thinkers, risk takers, and innovators by directing their first play or working with math students in an art class.
Whether a student incorporates a little or a lot of art into daily life, he or she benefits greatly. The study of dance, drama, media arts, music, speech and debate, or visual arts helps students discover and cement their personal voice, vision, and creative ability.
- California Institute of the Arts
- College and Conservatory of the Performing Arts
- The Juilliard School
- Maryland Institute College of Art
- New York University Tisch School of the Arts
- Parsons School of Design
- Rhode Island School of Design
- Ringling College of Art and Design
- San Francisco Art Institute
- Savannah College of Art and Design
- Southwest School of Art
- University of London