Forms 9 - 12
The Saint Mary's Hall Upper School offers challenging courses that expose students to new ideas and thoughts, including Marine Biology Field Study in Hawaii, Introduction to Psychology, and Film and Fiction: A Study of Latin America & the Caribbean.
These are the main parts of the Upper School curriculum:
- Social Studies
- World Languages
- Fine Arts
For a more detailed description of the Upper School curriculum, please download the Upper School Curriculum Guide.
Technology touches almost every part of our students’ lives, and as such, is seamlessly integrated into daily Upper School classroom instruction to enrich and support curricular goals.
- A “Bring Your Own Device” (BYOD) laptop program for all Upper School students.
- Through the production of an online student newspaper, The Hallmark 2.0, students gain hands-on experience publishing in the digital media realm.
- Students are introduced to current biotechnology in Microbiology laboratories.
- Digital Cinema students employ professional filmmaking software (Soundtrack Pro and Motion) to add stunning musical scores and eye-catching text and graphics to their productions.
- In Computer Science, students learn the basics of Arduino and Raspberry Pi, and learn how to create electronics projects integrating their respective hardware with basic programming.