Forms 6 - 8
It’s time to discover a whole new world! Saint Mary’s Hall Middle School is a vibrant and energetic educational environment that allows students to explore and participate in hands-on learning. Middle School students are focused and engaged in collaboration, investigation and research in their daily classes.
As students navigate new waters, they will be supported by passionate teachers who challenge and guide them as they develop critical thinking, organization, and study skills that will support them throughout their academic careers.
Students are also able to explore personal interests through participation in clubs, or develop leadership skills through running for elected office in one of our four leadership councils.
Middle School students push critical thinking and strategic problem-solving skills to new depths as they explore the path to mastery.
Middle School students are encouraged to explore their passions and are supported in trying new things, such as playing an instrument, learning to speak a language, or trying a new sport.These are the main areas of the Middle School Curriculum:
- Fine Arts
- Physical Education
- Social Studies
- World Languages
For a more detailed description of the Middle School curriculum, please download the Middle School Curriculum Guide.
Instructional technology in the Middle School supports learning across all disciplines, incorporating digital and electronic resources where appropriate, including:
- 1:1 iPad Mini program in Form 6 provides students with apps and online programs to enhance classroom learning
- Flipped classroom activities allow students to control their rate of learning and review important skills and concepts
- A “Bring Your Own Device” (BYOD) laptop program for students in Forms 7 & 8
- MUZZY video language program enhances learning in French Discovery with interactive games
- Lego Mindstorms provide real-life programming experiences in Robotics classes